Holy Batman! It has been over 2 months since I have posted. That is awful! What is funny- I read the same blogs I normally do and my absolute favorite is Ashley over at The Domestic Wannabe. I love all things about her site but I am especially loving her Monday Health & Fitness posts. I read them every week and have all these things to contribute. This week- I am finally doing it.
So- back in May- Ashley inspired me to start the C25K program. It changed my life. I lost 25 lbs and two pant sizes. I was running every morning at 5:30am. I had more energy and just was a generally happier person! It was awesome. Then summer happened. It was hard to get up that early to run when I did not have a reason to be up. During the school year it was easy. I had to be up at 630 to get Hais ready for school anyhow... so being up at 5:30 worked. With Hais sleeping in during summer- so did I! I ran a few times but overall my 3-4 runs a week went to 1-2... then to 1... then 0 for some weeks.
My grand plans were to restart during fall. The first time I did it- I realized how dark it was still at 5:30 during fall here in southern Germany. One more excuse to not do it right? Ugh!
So- an important thing to tell you- I am signed up for an 8 mile run in less than 2 months. The farthest I have run in the last 2 months has been 1.5. Big deficit! So- this past Saturday night as I went to bed... I decided I would get up and run the next morning. I set my alarm for 7am and laid out my clothes. I had in my mind that I would run to the Rangauklinik. I figured that was just over 2.3 miles one way. I find that I do better if I have a preset run in my mind. I am stubborn- so no matter how I am feeling- I will make that run. I got out in the morning at about 7:12. It was freezing! Seriously in the mid 30's. I could not find my iPhone holder- so it was safely tucked into my sports bra during the run. I got my GPS locked in on the Forerunner 405CX and off I went.
The first mile- sucked! I had a hard time getting my breathing under control. I felt sore and stiff. But by 1.5 I was feeling better. When I hit the Rangauklinik- it was only 1.85 miles- which was not as far as I wanted to go. So- I kept going. I ran all the way into Ansbach. I felt awesome!!! By the time I reached home it was 6.63 miles- in 1 hour and 24 minutes. I felt great. I ran the entire thing. It was the farthest I have run in 10 years!!
I am sore today. I can barely walk downt he stairs. It isn't as bad as last night. While I would like to cut some time off the run and still add another mile- it was a GREAT confidence booster to know that on December 4- this run is totally doable!
If you are still reading this- you are awesome!
So- back in May- Ashley inspired me to start the C25K program. It changed my life. I lost 25 lbs and two pant sizes. I was running every morning at 5:30am. I had more energy and just was a generally happier person! It was awesome. Then summer happened. It was hard to get up that early to run when I did not have a reason to be up. During the school year it was easy. I had to be up at 630 to get Hais ready for school anyhow... so being up at 5:30 worked. With Hais sleeping in during summer- so did I! I ran a few times but overall my 3-4 runs a week went to 1-2... then to 1... then 0 for some weeks.
My grand plans were to restart during fall. The first time I did it- I realized how dark it was still at 5:30 during fall here in southern Germany. One more excuse to not do it right? Ugh!
So- an important thing to tell you- I am signed up for an 8 mile run in less than 2 months. The farthest I have run in the last 2 months has been 1.5. Big deficit! So- this past Saturday night as I went to bed... I decided I would get up and run the next morning. I set my alarm for 7am and laid out my clothes. I had in my mind that I would run to the Rangauklinik. I figured that was just over 2.3 miles one way. I find that I do better if I have a preset run in my mind. I am stubborn- so no matter how I am feeling- I will make that run. I got out in the morning at about 7:12. It was freezing! Seriously in the mid 30's. I could not find my iPhone holder- so it was safely tucked into my sports bra during the run. I got my GPS locked in on the Forerunner 405CX and off I went.
The first mile- sucked! I had a hard time getting my breathing under control. I felt sore and stiff. But by 1.5 I was feeling better. When I hit the Rangauklinik- it was only 1.85 miles- which was not as far as I wanted to go. So- I kept going. I ran all the way into Ansbach. I felt awesome!!! By the time I reached home it was 6.63 miles- in 1 hour and 24 minutes. I felt great. I ran the entire thing. It was the farthest I have run in 10 years!!
I am sore today. I can barely walk downt he stairs. It isn't as bad as last night. While I would like to cut some time off the run and still add another mile- it was a GREAT confidence booster to know that on December 4- this run is totally doable!
If you are still reading this- you are awesome!
2 comments:
So happy that you are back to running and enjoying it. And GREAT job on losing weight. It's so very hard but we all have the motivation deep down inside of us, I'm still trying to find mine :)
What an awesome run! Way to get back at it. Feels great doesn't it?
Post a Comment