Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Seriously--- she is almost in Kindergarten!

So, today I am hit with the reality that my little girl is graduating Preschool in less than a week. She officially has four days left of Preschool. While it is exciting to know that summer follows graduation... I cannot face the fact that she is leaving me for school in the fall!!

I know that it is an exciting time but for me the start of Kindergarten is the start of her life away from me and my control. She will be away all day and that is a scary thought for me! I know she is beyond ready and while that makes me proud as a mom, it also is a very sobering fact as a mom.

A few weeks ago, she had Kindergarten day at school. Basically she went for half the day and we got her all registered. I walked with her to the classroom that she would be hanging out in for the half day. While other mothers were letting their children go by themselves... I wanted to just see where she was going and see how she would react. She walked right into that classroom without even looking back. As a mom, that is what you want to see, your child having the confidence to walk into the classroom. Your child being happy and excited to be a part of a new experience. And I was extremely proud!!



But as any parent knows, there is a sadness about it also. I cannot explain the feeling of knowing your child does not need you to walk them into that classroom. Oooh, it is heartbreaking. The fact that for the first time she did not turn around to be reassured that I was right there with her.... UGH!
I look at some of these pictures and cannot believe how fast she has grown! As a parent you are always thinking about the next thing they are going to be doing. "I cannot wait for her to crawl, walk, talk, play on their own..."

Now I am thinking that I would give anything to go back a few years and really enjoy all those times.


Cause now I look at these latest pictures and see what a little lady she has become. She is so independent!

Some of the things I love about my girl...

~Her laugh~ Her cuddles~ The way she loves to be my helper~ She dances in her room to a radio turned up WAY too loud~ She will sing along to some random songs on the radio~ She uses her hands when she is talking~ The way she talks about her aunty Shan~ Her love of headbands~ She gets excited to swim underwater~ The way she remembers EVERYTHING~ When she starts a story with "When I was a baby..."~ The fact that she insists on dressing herself every morning~ The way she makes friends everywhere she goes~ When she says she loves me~ Her love for animals~ Her booty shake dance~ The way that she insists that she doesnt want sugar because it is "bad for her"


There are many more years to come with Hailee. I just wish they would slow down. This makes me realize the pride, excitement and sorrow my parents experienced watching me and my sis grow up. While you want your child to be an independent and happy person... I know I also want her to stay my baby forever.

Congrats on your graduation Hailee!

Mommy

3 comments:

Harn's said...

I can't believe how fast she has grown. She is such a cutie. I can't believe Kindergarten already, time goes by way to fast!

Kerrie Williams said...

oh my goodness your daughter is so so beautiful! I love the list of things she did back then. So cute and totally made me laugh. Thanks for linking up :)

Amy said...

I love your daughter's name! Hailee, love the spelling. And just like Kerrie, said, she is SO beautiful! Congrats on her graduation. I love this post because it just reminds you to slow down and appreciate the moment before the moment passes. Hope you're having a great weekend!