Sunday, June 1, 2008

A long weekend!



I always say to myself that drinking is never worth the feeling the following day. Yet, I can completely admit... I am a social drinker.

Let me give the rundown!

Location: Michelles House.

Event: Promotion Party for Jose, Michelle and Mark.

When: Sat at 2pm

So, I was at Michelles until late on Friday night because she was having a party for her 13 yr old birthday. It was a sleepover and she had 8 boys there! It was craziness. Then she picked me up the following morning at just after 8 am. We ran to Sams Club to pick up supplies for the promotion party. Then we went to pick up the bouncy house she rented. Then we went home and were cleaning up until the time of the party. Everyone started arriving about 2ish.

Michelle was making drinks. She said they were Sex on the Beach drinks but I am not positive. Whatever they were, they were AWESOME! Crystal, Kristin, Liz, Giselle, Gracia, Michelle and I each had about 6. In fact, Sam made a run to the store about an hour in to the party and Aaron made another run about 5 hours into the party.

The theme from the beginning of the party seemed to be... throw every single soldier into the pool. Of course it was Ryan (Hailees Godfather) who started it. Crystal and I even assisted in getting Michelle thrown in. So, all soldiers were fair game. The only spouse that went in was the Commanders wife and he actually threw her in himself, so that is another subject!! haha. Liz was a great sport about it.

We sort of made up our own rule... no wives in the pool. It was pretty much followed until Bobbie (Michelles hubby) realized he was being grouped with the wives and he was not happy about that. So he walked himself up onto the deck (that Lee built by the way) and Chad "threw him in." This officially made spouses fair game.

We avoided it for awhile but somehow a plan was being built to get Crystal in. So, her me and Kristin went upstairs into Brandons walk in closet to hide. Apparently, the commander rounded up the guys to give them an Op Order (Operations order) to get Mrs Mahaney in the pool. They made an entire plan. From where I am sitting in the closet, I can see the top of the spiral staircase up into Brand's room. All of a sudden, there are 8 guys bounding up the stairs and into the closet. They literally attacked us. Crystal was biting, Kristin was hitting with her shoes and I was hanging from Torres and Chappy necks. It took 5 guys to get Crystal down the stairs while the other 3 were keeping Kristin and I at the top of the stairs. By the time we got down the stairs... Crystal was in the pool!

It was hilarious but we were out of breath and felt like we fought for our lives!

The only casualty for the night... Joses Iphone. It was sort of his fault though cause he was trying to push Crystal in and he got shoved. Oh and Ryan was an accident waiting to happen. While throwing the Commander in, he sliced his foot real good. Me being a prior nurse, but pretty tipsy, thought "Wow, alcohol is an antiseptic." Sounded like a good idea, totally forgetting about the VERY acidic orange juice in my drink!! I poured it on the cut and literally Ryan almost passed out! I felt horrible!

All in all, it was a fabulous time. There were soooo many fun people and such a relaxing environment. The kids were able to just play without us having to worry about them. They had a pool to swim in and a bouncy house to play in. We also were able to meet alot of the new pilots to join the unit since they returned from Afghanistan.

I will have to post pics of the party. I am usually all about taking pics but have been slacking.

Will also post later tonight about Hais sleepover camp this weekend!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brenna-That is too funny!!! It's amazing how the Army drives us wives to drink!!! I agree that sometimes alcohol is required to get the party started and of course to make memories that'll last forever. I hope you all are doing well and still having fun!!! talk to you soon-Marissa