In your heart I see the star of every night and every day
In your eyes I get lost, I get washed away
Just as long as I'm here in your arms
I could be in no better place
You're simply the best, better than all the rest
Better than anyone, anyone I've ever met
Such a cool feeling to be standing in the hangar with that anticipation of the doors opening. Then they tell you the bus has arrived and it will be a few minutes. Then those magic doors begin opening and you get a glimpse of a formation standing outside. Then Tina Turners "Simply the Best" begins... and in comes that formation of heroes. It brings chills to your whole body. Everyone is on their feet- there is clapping and hollaring. I looked to my right and one of the spouses who I am friends with- her eyes are tearing up. The simple touch of someones hand on her back sends her into full on tears...and while looking at the formation I can see her hubby looking all tough but his eyes still focused on his wife. It literally brought tears to my eyes. Such an amazing feeling to be a part of that.
Some people question bringing my children there. I think I was the only one who did bring my kids that wasn't expecting their spouse. Yet I think it is important to bring Hailee and explain to her that we need to be there to support those soldiers walking through that door. She is not bothered by it and she was there hooting and hollaring with the rest of us. It was neat to tell her that the next time we are there waiting on soldiers- it will include daddy! I cannot tell her a date right now cause we do not know it but he will be on the next group. That is an awesome feeling. Tonight we had a small group and what an amazing feeling in that hangar, I can only imagine next time when it is a huge group!!! It brings me back to that feeling from last deployment!!! SO exciting!
1 comment:
Wow, amazing. Can't even imagine the emotion in that place! Hope this last little bit goes by fast.
Post a Comment