So- while walking tonight I made some funny observations. Even with their shades (roullodins-spelling?) up- it always looks like no one is home. It was really starting to get dark while we were walking and I kept looking at the houses while we past by and thinking that it seemed like no one was home in any of them. Then I realized that Germans seem to use dim lighting. Even when we walked past our house- it seemed dim inside.
I also noticed how quiet it is! It was about 615 on a Saturday night. We live in a good sized neighborhood. Yet- it is SOOO quiet out. I think because it is cold- everyone is inside and getting cozy. I notice Germans like to sit around their tables and just have wine and talk. I cannot lie- I cannot wait for Lee to get home and for us to do the same. Especially now with the fabulous bench Nikkia cleaned up for me. I can see Lee & I getting all cozy with some wine.
Tonight while Carter was getting a bath- he is squatting. He leans forward and plays with his toys. Then ends up in a squatting position- if there was something to grab onto that was higher- he would have stood! Craziness!
Tomorrow is Halloween. It is also daylight savings time here- So flipping the clocks back tonight. I wanted to stay up and watch some World Series baseball but they have it playing on a delay tonight. So by the time it is on at 430am- the scores will be up anyhow. I want to see it but since it will already be on a delay- might as well catch it later in the day at a normal time.
Tomorrow is church, DFAC lunch with the Rabb family and then Fall Fest with the kiddos in their costumes and the a WELCOME HOME ceremony!! Finally the first group is coming home!!
I love going to church with the Rabbs. We sit together since a lot of the other wives are there with their hubbies. We sit in the husbandless pew. It also goes by the "winners pew" or "losers pew" depending on how the college teams do!! lol
~B
No comments:
Post a Comment