This week has flown by. I am always amazed at how fast weeks go by lately. I cannot believe it is now Thursday! That is so exciting!
I am trying very hard to be patient. As most of you know me well enough- patience is not a virtue that I have:) But I am really trying. There is no official word on when Lee will arrive home. I have sadly missed his last two phone calls. The second one- he sounded pretty sad... which sucks. I am sure he is bored and needing those phone calls. Whereas I am the opposite. I am out and about- not sitting home- trying to get through these last few days. Do not get me wrong- I want more than anything to hear his voice. What is getting me through these last few days is knowing that hugging him is RIGHT around the corner...
So- what does typical Brenna do? I fill my days. I keep myself insanely busy. I sat home all day today. Angie and Bethany came by this morning and Bethany did my hair- which was long overdue. I had highlights put throughout and she trimmed it up for me. It feels so much better. Then we ate this yummy Mexican soup Bethany brought!!
Tomorrow I am going to get the van outta the shop. We are officially dent free (at least on one of the cars- lol). Those darn German poles! Then we have to run to the commisary and get some groceries for the dinners I will explain in a lil bit. Then we will be heading to Spieloase to meet up with some awesome ladies and their kiddos. Spieloase is this awesome awesome indoor playplace. I will include pics in the next post... Hais loves it and I think even Carter will enjoy it this time- cause there is a little play area. Plus- mommy loves it cause the kids go crazy for hours- it is safe and they have yummy cappuchinos!! Then we will be heading to Katies for dinner. She is the most amazing cook and we always feel blessed to go there for dinner! Plus we love love love her! Anytime with her rocks!
Saturday my goal is to clean the house completely. Then we will be having a fun group over to make cookie bags. We will be greeting 52 wonderful Joker soldiers in the next two weeks. We are making homemade cookies and filling bags with them to give the guys when they arrive home. So---- what started as inviting my new co-leader Meghan and her boys over to stuff the bags, turned into a dinner party/bag stuffing... it is now Katie, Denise, Bethany, Angie, Meghan, her two boys, Crystal, Krystal, and Molly. So... I am making chicken enchiladas and beef enchiladas. It will be a fabulous way to make the day go faster. While I realize that it will mean another big cleaning afterwards- that is alright!! Bring on a fun dinner party!!
Keeping my fingers crossed that in the days to follow I will be greeting my man. So ready for my family of 4 to finally be together!! Cannot happen fast enough!
No comments:
Post a Comment