Ok, back to blogging friends!
Here are some pictures from my Fathers Day 6k in Rothenburg ob der Tauber. Not my best run. I chose the wrong clothes- and fought the entire race with pulling my pants up and my tank down. It was awful. The course alternated from dirt to pavement to cobblestone over and over. It was a series of circles and we were constantly crossing paths with the half marathoners and the 10K'ers. And did I mention that it was SUPER hilly? The final stretch before the finish line was straight up hill. Like STRAIGHT up hill!
By the time you got to the red carpet stretch at the end- you were completely toasted.
Amy and I with our near beers after the race.
Somehow my friend Nancy got out of the loop and passed me the opposite way during the race. Luckily, she was able to get this killer picture of me.
Here is Ronda and I nearing the finish line. It took me a grueling 51 minutes to finish about 4 miles. Way slower than I am used to but I guess this is what happens when you stop running.Back to the grind.
I am signed up for another race. It is Oct 21.
Yep- Amsterdam!!
Training starts next week. I even bought a treadmill:)
A bunch of friends are doing it and I am excited. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment