Yep. At 33, I have it. Went in last week for a thyroidectomy. Two days later- the reports were in- cancer. I NEVER even considered it a possibility- so to say I was blindsided- is a major understatement.
It is treatable. It is *the cancer* to have. It is slow moving. Treatments are easy (comparatively to others).
I know all this.
I'm 33.
I have 2 adorable kiddos.
I have cancer.
I am in a foreign country.
Luckily- my husband is home. I am 99% sure he will not be leaving me to head back to war. We should know better later this week for sure.
I know I have an amazing net of support.
I am blessed to feel SOOO much love.
I have friends offering frequent flyer miles to get family here.
I know I want to be stateside and feel my best friends hand in mine. To hug my dad. To comfort my mom- who is usually the rock in these situations and I can hear her crumbling over the phone.
I love that my mother in law is here and we will get my father in law in two days.
I love that the Army got my husband home in an insanely quick timeframe.
I love that I can be positive a majority of the time and know that no matter what the full body scan shows in a few weeks- there is a lot of promise for treatment options.
Ugh.
3 comments:
Brenna, I am so sorry you have to go through this. May God give you strength, determination, protection, and show you his unwavering love throughout this process.
Brenna i'm so sorry to hear this sending you my love and prayers
I am feeling so horrible for you right now. You are in my prayers.
Post a Comment