Saturday, May 18, 2013

Sometimes I feel crazy

Decided this summer will be full of road trips. Hais last softball game is June 4.  Bright and early June 5, we will be on the road. I keep feeling like maybe we are not supposed to do this trip. It is hard to explain but there seem to be 100 reasons not to go.
 
Reason 1- There is a fundraiser the beginning of June in California for a friend dealing with metastasized melanoma. I really really want to be there. The support I had when I was diagnosed was life saving. Realistically I know that whether I go or not will not change the night for her. I did donate a Scentsy basket to the silent auction... that makes me feel a little better. But gosh- I would love to hug her!
 
Reason 2- Softball All Stars. Not sure Hais would make it necessarily but her coach is coaching and I would love her to try out and possibly play!
 
Reason 3- Family camp. We received a letter today that we got into the Trail West Family Camp. I have heard wonderful things about it.  Unfortunately, it is June 23-29:( Boo!
 
I know the reasons I am going are really important. I need a break and I totally get that with my inlaws. Not only are they amazing with my kiddos but I honestly feel instantly relaxed the minute I walk into their house! I cannot explain it. I just could cry thinking about it.
 
I can study. Go for runs. Lay out by the pool with the kiddos. I know the kids will totally enjoy a whole month of pool time!!
Plus- my kids adore my inlaws and now that we are stateside again- I want them to be with them as much as possible.
 
Onto the crazy part of this whole thing... we are driving!!
When I say we... I mean, me and the 2 kids!
 
Luckily, one big benefit to the Army lifestyle- friends all over the country!!
We are staying with friends on the drive across and that will make it not only fun but also a little cheaper.
 
Day 1-
Falcon Colorado (where we live) to Fort Leavenworth Kansas.
8 1/2 hours of driving (really it will be closer to 10 with food and potty breaks)
 
We will be staying with one of my good friends, Bethany and her family.
 
I have never been through Kansas- not once. I have heard that there is NOTHING between us and Leavenworth. I am glad it is our first day of driving because it will still be fun at that point! lol
 
Day 2-
Ft Leavenworth Kansas to Clarksville Tennessee
Another 8 1/2 hour day of driving.
 
Now, we will be staying with Brietta and her family. I havent seen her since she left Germany 2 years ago almost?? She has added another adorable man to her family since we have seen one another.
We may stay more than one night. I have another friend who is moving to Ft Campbell and if she is there already- we will stay 2 nights so that we can meet up and spend a day.
 
 
Day 3-
Clarksville Tennessee to Rutherford College North Carolina
This day will be shorter. It should also be easier because we will have hopefully had a full day out of the car, resting in Tennessee.
It will be 6 1/2 hours to Gigi and Papas.
 

I am open for suggestions on anything that we need to stop and see along the way.
Lee will be flying out to NC around the 28th of June. Then he will drive back with us from NC. We will probably leave NC about July 3 or 4...
 
I feel insane at moments. I could hang out here this summer and spend days at the pool. We could go to an amazing family camp for free. There are a ton of people moving here this summer that I cannot wait to see... and I feel like I wil regret this big drive. Yet I also feel like I will regret not doing it!
 
Blah!

No comments: