Monday, February 27, 2012

Coffee shop mornings



Sitting in a coffee shop brings about a lot of fun discoveries and observations. Maybe even more so in a foreign country. Usually two of my girlfriends and I meet at our favorite coffee place once in awhile to chat. I tend to come early on those mornings and have alone time... Sit and read or just people watch...

Some fun things from this morning....

...people will actually sit outside in the rain to be able to smoke! Craziness...

...apparently, disco music is still HUGE here. Cause a song came on and one of the baristas rushed over and turned it up... And then two of the, proceeded to dance around. Honestly, I only knew it was disco music because she said it and apparently disco is the same in English and German

...German dogs are so much better behaved. They sit outside the door waiting for their owners...usually not even on a leash!

...something about sitting in a coffee shop... Makes me more introspective. Certain songs can come on and it can make my eyes watery:( Maybe cause it is the only time I have to myself, lol. The rest of the week I am chasing a toddler...

...a cake in a German bakery may look sweet but typically is not (by American standards)....


...how a place can become such a piece of your heart. Just over a year left here and I am ready to head back to the states... But I will miss this place. I have spent sooo much time here with friends... Friends who have already left. One table makes me think of countless mornings last deployment with T. I look out at the patio furniture and think of when B told us she was preggo. Or where C unwrapped presents for his first birthday from T and N. or the mornings with N and K...chatting about our fertility issues. This is the last place I saw G and B.... Ugh... So many awesome memories!



...how Germans eat some weird stuff for breakfast! I have seen boiling pots of liquids holding huge sausages that look uncooked (I know they are though). But I know I will miss the bread,cheese,meat breakfast option...

...they are not here today but usually there are the clubbers crashed out on the outside seating...sipping coffee, getting some bread in their systems. All curled up in the blankets they put out there...and totally just laid out!
I will post this but add some pictures later... Cause it needs pictures!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad



Location:Fischer Brot Haus... Ansbach Germany

2 comments:

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

I've noticed that the Italians version of "cake" is also lacking in the sugar department. Very strange and disappointing because I'm a cake girl.I really enjoyed all of your observations :)

Linds said...

I am glad I am not the only one in bloggy land to get peeved at their Hubs! I love that you posted about your coffee shop and the thoughts you have. I sitting and writing or doing work at the coffee shop and specifically people watching. It is such a nice distraction from whatever I might be working on. Plus I can't agree more with the mentality of moving, we knew a year in advance we would be heading somewhere but its so strange to pack everything up and leave so many people so often. I can't imagine the drastic change between the US and Germany. Have a good day sweetheart!