Time is passing so quickly lately. I feel like I was just talking to someone about how it was "Already March!" Guess what- it is already April... in two days! Wow! April is normally an awesome month for our family. This month we celebrate the birthdays of my hubby, Carter, my nephew Tyler and my best friend Amber. It is really spring like weather starting. Yet this month is bittersweet this year.
We are in the two week-ish range of Lee leaving...again... ugh. That literally reduces me to tears. I can be sitting watching television. I can be walking through a store. I can be sitting at the coffee shop. And I can feel the sting of tears ready to pounce on me. I hold it back. I have two kiddos who are looking at me. They are going to see how I react. I need to be their strength during this crappy time. Third deployment in 6 years. He had missed countless birthdays (his and ours). He has missed numerous Christmases and other holidays. I have moved houses (while 9 months preggo), bought cars and birthed a baby while he is gone. It is a part of our life though. It is what I signed up for... gladly- to support my man regardless of the situation. Yet... it SUCKS!
This month also means C will be 2! Wow! Our baby is 2?? How did that happen? He has gone from this amazing little baby to this entertaining (and trying sometimes) lil man! He is talking so much now. He has a best friend... Shelby from next door. He likes to say night to his Gigis and Papas as we walk up the stairs at night (there are family pictures up the stairwells). He adores his big sissy. He is thriving in German school.
But as the months fly by- that signifies a lot of exciting things in the future coming faster too! The sooner he leaves- the sooner he returns! The sooner we move back to the states. I love Germany but am SOOO ready to be back near family!!
1 comment:
I am so sorry to hear he is deploying. As you know us military lives know exactly how you feel. Everytime I hear of a spouse deploying my heart aches for them as I remember what it feels like. I hope this deployment flys by and you its the least stressful it can be. :)
Post a Comment