Thursday, January 23, 2014

Put in a box

I was driving my daughter to school this morning and thinking about how lucky I am to have these amazing kiddos. They love unconditionally, well I assume they do. I may find out when they are older that they resent me for things. My daughter could become a hippie to live a relaxed life to make up for her moms strictness... lol





Anyhow. On the way home I was thinking about a bible verse that has been replaying in my head a lot.  Jeremiah 29:11.









It dawned on me that a year ago- I never would have imagined how much I would change. I am completely a different person. The children have a new mom. My husband has a new wife. I am a more authentic me.





The reality though- some people who have known me for awhile will never take the time to know the new me. They will always place me in this box as someone who they knew. They will never "let me" become a better version of myself.





I have looked back and realized that I could have been a better friend to some people. I honestly felt I always has good intentions. I honestly did not realize that I was not meeting the needs to some people.  I would give anything to go back. If I knew then, what I know now... I would have been different. But, hindsight is 20/20.  I cannot go back.

A good friend told me something this week that really struck a chord. 

Don't take everything to heart....

I will work on this...











No comments: