Tuesday, June 24, 2008

~~~Story of an Army Wife's Life~~~


Somebody I adore once told me that everything that is worth something comes with difficulties. If you know the Army, you know that there is always something that makes life difficult. Right now we are in one of those times. We are currently waiting for official orders... to Germany!
This is one of the best pieces of news that we have received in the ten years we have been in the Army. I am so excited to travel. I am sure that most people are smarter than me when it comes to geography. I am pretty dumb when it comes to the subject. I had no idea what countries surrounded Germany. I just looked at a map and realized all the I am going to be able to see and share with my honey and Hai. Wow. How lucky.
As if this is not enough good, the Rodriguez's are going too!!! Yes! Is that not amazing? We are hoping to actually have the same report date so that we can make the 8 hour flight together. We will see.
Another good piece of news that is pretty comical--- dental is free! That is important cause I need 2 root canals and 2 crowns. That will save us $1200.
But with every good is some bads. Let me run through them~~~
~The biggest is Bullet. They do not allow Pits in Germany at all. So our dear loved Bulley cannot go with us. We think we have a good family member to send him with. So everyone keep your fingers crossed cause I have literally cried everyday for the past 4 days thinking of giving up our baby. He has been with us for 7 years and it destroys me thinking of leaving him.
~Shannon. We have missed her for a year and here she is nearly back with us and we are leaving. All I can hope is that she comes to visit us! At least when Lee deploys she needs to come and stay with Hai and I.
~My fam and friends in Cali. I am so sad. I barely see them as it is, usually only twice a year and that never feels like enough. And now.... All I can hope is to come home once a year even though that may be difficult. Even though it would be free for me to come home cause of MAC flights, still that is a LONG trip. But I am will continue to pressure my mom and dad into eventually coming!!! They say they do not know but I will get them there!!
~Lastly but definitely NOT least, we have to sell our house. UGH! Not only is that a hard enough task in itself but we have 2 1/2 weeks til Lee leaves for 6 weeks to a school in Alabama. There are quite a few things around the house that we need to get done to get it on the market.
Overall--- it is stressful. The hardest of it all is leaving Bullet behind because he won't understand why. I know it sounds crazy to be talking like that about a dog, but those who know Bulley understand why it is so difficult.
By the way--- I must thank my sis in law Andria for the wonderful pic I used at the top of this post. They took it on their trip to Europe a few years ago.
And Andria---- my plan is to get a camera like yours so I can take some pics as good as yours- so I will be coming to you for advice!!
~b~

No comments: