Monday, February 27, 2012

4 am wakeup... on a Monday!

Totally had grand plans for today. Was taking kiddos to school and then hit the gym. Then nothing. There is some paperwork that needs to be dealt with at home and some laundry to finish.



Instead- my cell rang at 4:03am. I have been keeping my phone in my room for the last two weeks cause my neighbor Melissa is due on March 1. I am responsible for her kiddos when they head to the hospital. So- when the phone rang- I knew it was game time!



She was having contractions every 3-4 minutes. This is baby #4 for her- so you knew it would be fast once it started.



Our house is a duplex of sorts... with a common utility room downstairs. So we can go back and forth without having to go outside. So I knew her kiddos get up at 5:45... so I headed over there about 5:30. I got her kiddos ready and brought them to my house about 6:30.


Happy big brother and sisters!



Then the five kiddos and I headed out about 7:10. I dropped the three oldest at the bus stop and brought my youngest and her youngest to the daycare.




Then headed in to see this precious little thing!


Lexi Briley C. was born at 5:55am on Feb. 27, 2012 at the Ansbach Klinikum. Melissa was hoping to not have a leap year baby- so at least she got her wish!



She is in the room that I was in after having Carter there in 2010! So cool!!!



As much as a 4am wakup stinks- what better way can you start a week??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great way to look at it. And the same room as your little one?? I am sure it flooded the memories.

Have a FAB day!

Losing 100 pounds and ... said...

That is an amazing way to start the week, how exciting!!

Impulsive Addict said...

Awww...waking up that early to hold that precious baby is so worth it! I only know one person born on leap year and it HATED it as a kid. I wouldn't want it either! lol

Have you received your swap gift yet? Just checking in with everybody. I think we should have allowed you laides some additional time. I apologize for that. Have a great evening...or morning...I'm not sure what the time difference is!