Sunday, May 8, 2011

Tender hearted

I think I need to make a New Years Resolution. I know people- I realize it is now May... but it is never too late to make a positive change right??

My resolution? Stop letting things that I cannot control get to me.

I have realized that this last year- I let things- namely people- get to me. I have lived on many military posts in our career. This is the first one that has been a consistent amount of heartbreak and hurt feelings. And sillliness is- it is over nonsense. I take things really personally.

My examples... there is a friends hubby who has put Happy Mothers Day wishes on many of our mutual friends pages today on FB. Yet- not mine. I find myself asking why and feeling hurt. I want to remind him that I did TONS for his family during the deployment. None of these other ones did. I was the one driving his wife and kiddos to the airport and picking them up- almost 2 hours away! I was the one loaning my BRAND new car to his family cause they were having car problems. I was the one. I did none of that for any reason other than that I adore his wife and kiddos. I didn't do it for thank yous. I didn't do it for repayment. Yet- I think it warrants a Happy Mothers Day. There is a back story- his wife and I had an arguement at one point that festered in this tiny community--- her & I were over it pretty quickly but the "well meaning people" out there kept it sort of going. Well apparently- even though her and I are back to normal- it negated all we were prior in his mind. Him & I are fine when we see one another...

I am tired of letting these people (not just him) make me feel bad... I do realize that I am making myself feel bad- not him... but I am determined to make that change!!!

Sorry for the pity party--- ugh--- hate that:)

1 comment:

Stacie said...

I'm not a military wife, but a ministry wife and I can attest to the fact that it is really hard to build a thick skin. There is no manual, we just have to figure it out along the way. Hope you had a great Mother's Day anyway!