
Today it happened. I officially got my welcome email from the HHC NightHawk company in our battalion. I knew it was coming... Lee officially moved companies last week and I actually had the conversation with my Co leader for the Joker FRG this weekend and said it was ok to officially remove me from the signature block for our company emails... boo! To be removed from the email account I set up over two years ago is bitter sweet.
As excited as I am to see the big move for Lee- (he went from a company position to the battalion position- which is the next big step)... it is great for his career...
But I have been the Company FRG leader since January 2009... 2 1/2 yrs... I love my Joker girls and it was so hard to acknowledge that we are no longer officially Jokers...
But getting that welcome email from the Commanders wife in HHC not only officially signaled the change but also made me realize- I am no longer on the FRG... ugh...
Side note--- FRG is Family Readiness Group. It is basically the liasion between the command and the wives... we plan potlucks- meetings- coffees- get information for them- etc... FRG's have a bad reputation but it is all about the way a unit utilizes them. We have a fantastic FRG for the battalion and the Jokers FRG rocked!! We were always getting together, having monthly coffees, overnights to Poland, Brunch bunches etc... I hate when I hear people say negative things about FRG's... cause I have experienced yucky ones at different posts but I also have been a part of amazing ones...
Anyhow... I know this year is full of fun. Cannot believe it is almost July. August will bring Crystals baby shower (which I need to do a whole seperate post about planning progress on that), school restarting, PTA restarting (I am staying on as Secretary), Spouses Club (I am membership this year) and Lee being gone ALOT for work... Not to mention a month long trip to the states and also hopefully a week in the Canary Islands...
No comments:
Post a Comment