I think I have started three different postings today. For some reason I feel highly motivated when I start them and then get distracted- and lose interest.
One of my goals this year is to link to Ashley over at the Domestic Wannabe and her Move It Monday. I always read her postings and she was actually the one to get me started with the C25K last spring. She has continued to do awesome. I am so inspired by her progress. Not only is she a running machine but she has lost the weight she wanted to lose.
I figure I have roughly 70 lbs I want to lose. I could lose more but that would put me at a happy weight. It is about time I am honest with myself and with me. When I ran the Marathon Relay in Dec...I weighed roughly 221. I am not positive about my weight because I did not weigh myself while I was in the states. But I know I gained some while there (thank you Cracker Barrel and Carls Jr). While I may have finished the run and am really satisfied with my weight loss and increase in exercise... I am still nowhere close to where I need to be. But this is the most progress I have made in the last 7 years! That is a point to celebrate!!
Getting back from the states- was a wake up call. The only exercise I did in the states- was the marathon relay. So, that coupled with the diet of stateside traveling and holiday foods, led to a 7 lb gain! Ugh. My mother in law put it in perspective though- I still started this new year lower than the last 7 new years:)
So- what now? I have been adding exercise back into my days. Monday started good with a morning friend date at the gym and 2 miles on the treadmill. Then half an hour on the elliptical that night. Today I did twenty minutes on the elliptical. Tomorrow is another gym date. I am also going to do some weight work after the treadmill. Thursday I am going to meet up with my friend and neighbor Jami and have her work me out in her home gym with weights. I am definitely adding weights this year. I want killer arms again- like when I played softball.
Here are two things I need to remember...


I have a question for you that run though. I love running outside. It is how I started in April of last year. It is what renewed my love for exercise and showed me how to lose this weight. I would leave the house at 5:30am and be back before the kiddos got up to get ready for school. Well- now it is still dark until like 7:45- 8:00am. Plus- add in the fact that the high in the last month and a half the high has been like high 30's. I am a wimp!! I cannot run in the dark cause I get scared- I know, silly. I do not like running in the cold either. I have an elliptical at home. But this is my question- am I the only runner who does not feel satisfied after working out on the elliptical? I do not get the same "runners high" from it as from the treadmill or being outside. Is that weird??
1 comment:
I am total wimp too, I don't like running outside in the cold or the dark. I have been doing more elliptical too as a result and while I think it helps by burning calories and helping keep my cardio shape up, it definitely doesn't have the same high. Keep up the good work though, whatever keeps you moving til Spring when it will be warmer and get light earlier!
Post a Comment