Saturday, February 9, 2013

Relaxing family (friend) filled Saturday

Today is one of those days that just beckons for you to put on some pajamas, grab a cozy blanket and curl up on the couch with a fantastic book or a mindless tv marathon.
Instead- we opted to get out as a family.  We have noticed that Hais is having a hard time not having friends around all the time. She has been spoiled in living next door to all her best friends over the years. Since we have moved here- she has not had that. So- to see that awesome smile on our girls face- we decided to bring some friends. At first we did not get ahold of anyone. Hais was super disappointed. We decided to go to eat lunch and come up with a fun plan. Luckily- while at lunch- two of her friends called back.
A few months ago- I found a Groupon deal for Glowgolf here in the Chapel Hills Mall. After picking up Haley and Bree, we headed in to golf. It was a lot of fun. There were two sets of 18 holes. We let the girls go do one and Lee, C and I did the other. At first, C was not a fan of the Blacklight look in the place. Luckily, once he got his own mini club and ball, game was on!
We sort of played two rounds. Really, everytime Lee and I would hit the ball, C would grab it and go put it in the hole! lol
 

After golfing, we went over to where this awesome little train was. It went around the ENTIRE mall. So, lucky Lee, he took a ride with Carter. While we were waiting, the girls and I got some ice cream.


On our way home- we picked up our free 1 topping large pizza from Papa Johns. I had entered that "Guess the coin toss" for the Super Bowl... so we had a pepperoni pizza ready to be picked up on the way home.
Now the girls are playing upstairs. Lee and C are napping and this momma is sitting on the couch. In pajamas. With a cozy blanket. Watching a Flipping Vegas marathon.
 
Tomorrow is definitely going to be a "don't leave home" day. We are supposed to get some snow tonight.
 
So, I went to an FRG training this week. I am taking over the FRG for our new unit. What is neat is that the 4th CAB is in the process of being built from the ground up – something the Army hasn’t done in over 25 years. It is super fun to be a part of but also interesting in the fact that I have never had to help set up an FRG from scratch.
 
I spent 3 hours last night trying to set up our email account and rough drafting my welcome letter. It is hard to be a good mix of funny, approachable, witty persona through an email! I want to make sure I cover all the bases. I really want to make this an amazing FRG.
 

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I always see Groupons for Glowgolf!! I am going to pick one up next time!

Ramblings of a Suburban Mom