I try not to use too many capital letters in postings- cause the whole "yelling" thing annoys me. Yet- I wanna throw a temper tantrum right now and that involves some yelling.
I am used to the crappola that comes with the military lifestyle. I can deal with some curveballs being thrown my way. I can- honestly. Yet- sometimes- enough is enough!
We were supposed to leave this coming fall- September timeframe. We were imagining new locations, stateside adventures, family being accessible. Then there was a timeframe that we started thinking about staying cause there is a job hubby wants to move into in this unit. I started imaging more travels, more time in our kickin house, and stability for our kiddos for a little longer.
Well- then that timeframe changed and we had to shift plans. All of a sudden we were thinking that not only were we moving but it was happening in like a matter of months. That is a lot to process! An international move is overwhelming- then throw in kids- shipping dogs- shipping cars etc... whoa!
Then we were told the position he wanted was going to come available and he was going to get it a lot sooner- not exactly what he wanted- but made sense to me. So- we put in extension paperwork here. We not only extended but we chose to extend into another deployment. Which means that I will be overseas for another deployment with three kiddos!! (Including a newborn and a 2 yr old)...
Now today we are told- they have a W4 coming in... who trumps my W3 hubby... who will take the job that we extended to get... So- we are staying here for nothing.
I am not a new wife to this life. I know things change constantly. It just sucks when it screws your entire family.... I am having a pity party for 1 right now...
Sorry for the rant. Sometimes you just need to get it out so there is a hope to move forward...
1 comment:
Urgh!!! That would tick me off too. I don't blame you for venting it. I thank you for what you sacrifice for me and my family so that we can have the freedoms we enjoy. I hope all works out for the best for you and yours.
Post a Comment