I seriously CANNOT believe it is February. January is over. I am officially 7 weeks post-op. I am only two weeks away from knowing if another surgery is warranted... which I am trying not to think about.
On this previous Friday- I opened my front door and found an awesome surprise!! A friend from high school owns an amazing bakery back home called Aunty Beas. She makes yummy cupcakes and cookies. Well, on my front porch, was a box of cookies and 12 Cupcakes in a Jar. OMG! I cried. Not only was it yumminess but to have someone do that was just overwhelming.
She took the designs for the cookies off my Facebook. These are some of my favorite quotes and she made them all perfect! My Proverbs, Girl interrupted and refuses to sink. Not to mention- the best one- I've Got This!
Out family laid in bed on Saturday night watching the Speed Channel. Not a normal channel for our family. I actually did not even know it existed til then. Why were we glued to the channel you ask?? My BFF's middle child- Ty- was racing in Anaheim California. It was airing live. He is #1 in his age class. You can see him below- the one with his head down- signing his autograph!! He is 8!
I spent most of January with this lil man. I love this face!!
This is just what my life seems like lately... I feel like a space case most of the time!! Which is a little nerve wracking seeing that I am starting my Masters in about a week!
So, this next month is my "get in gear" month. I am about 7 months out from my Grand Canyon adventure. I should hear this month if I will be getting an Athenaship- which means I will basically get a scholarship:) I won't have to pay for anything. Either way- I am doing it!
I ordered my hiking boots yesterday... I got these...
I am ready to get them and start breaking them in.
I still need a lot of equipment but that will be a slow process!
My sis came into town this weekend and it was awesome to see her. She stayed with the kiddos on Friday night and let Lee & I head out for the night. I would love to tell you that we went out drinking and partied the night away. Honestly, we went out for some beer and appetizers at a local place called Fox and the Hound. Then we went to our hotel and we were in bed by 8:30. Gosh we are old!! lol
But we got a full nights sleep and that was desperately needed by both of us!
We had two friends over Sunday for the Super Bowl. It was the first time we had a get together since we have lived here. It was great to have adults over! Sad that my 9ers did not prevail... but it was an awesome game! I can always appreciate a close game...
Today the hubby had no work. We slept in and enjoyed it. Then at about 8:15- Hais came in to remind us that she still had school today! Oh lordy- I jumped up and threw on a somewhat presentable outfit to take her to school!
Today is her Parent Teacher Conference which is exciting since it is the first chance to see how she is doing in her new school...
So- this next month is promising.
-My ultrasound is Feb 19. I have to drive to Denver. Time to find out what the next step is!
Surgery? Radiation?
- Hais softball evaluations. She is signed up to play with the High Plains 10U Peaches:) I LOVE softball- so getting to watch my kiddo play is so exciting! She also starts choir this month and does a Cheer Camp!
-I meet with Lee's commander this coming week. I am going to be the FRG leader for the new Company and we are going to figure it all out. I am ready to be back in the game! I feel like I went from UBER involved to not at all involved! lol
-I start my Masters!! WOOHOO! Ready to start using my brain again!
-Amazing Race and Survivor come back this month!






1 comment:
Hey Brenna! I like your new design. Can you email me? I have some questions for ya. :)
jmedrew@msn.com
Thanks. :)
Post a Comment