Last night was amazing.
6 women celebrating an extraordinary woman.
Started the celebration with some glasses of Peach Champagne...
a (free) train ride into Nurnberg...
A walk through the streets of a captivating wall enclosed city...
with a slight mist being kept at bay by our umbrellas.
Conversations among twosomes,
but a definite group.
A fantastic Tapas restaurant called Zapasitos...
4.5 hours of laughs, tears, learning about one another... building on blossoming friendships,
forming newfound ones... and most importantly- celebrating~celebrating~celebrating the fantastic Meghan...
5 liters of Sangria! 18 different Tapas shared among the table!
Desserts.
As you drink- you get louder. It is a like a rule or something. Well try that in a restaurant in Germany. Germans are notorious for staring at the tables of Americans anyways. Then you have loud Americans (who seem louder as they drink). I must have seen 4 or 5 tables staring at
us at different points... always entertaining...
We boarded the 12:21am train out of Nurnberg. 41 minutes later we arrived back in Sachsen bei Ansbach.
We parted ways at the train station- Meghan, Nicola and Jen going their way and Kerri, Crystal and myself heading another.
I think I ended up crawling into bed about 2 am. I have not been up that late in FOREVER!!!
Luckily my hubby rocks and let me sleep until 10am.
Anways- a quick trip to Illesheim today- a playdate this afternoon with the Rod girls- dinner at the Italian place in Lehrberg- and now enjoying a quiet night (thanks Rods for taking Hais for a sleepover).
As I sat down thinking about the fun last night- I wished we had pictures. I wanted pictures of us toasting to Meg. Pics of Jens fabulous rainboots stomping in puddles through the streets of Nurnberg. The table stuffed full of tapas. The liters of Sangria- with gorgeous orange slices floating in it...
As I typed to Meghan tonight that I wished for pictures from last night... she said something perfect...
"Ah,we were so in the moment!"
As much as I love pictures- I also adore- being so in the moment...
No comments:
Post a Comment