Saturday, February 5, 2011

Half Marathon- any takers?

Yeah it has been a goal of mine for the last few years. Last time I ran 13 miles... was in 2002... while in the Army. They made me do it... but it was pretty easy for me actually.
I am SO not a sprinter. I am a long distance person. Once I get passed the first mile or two- I create a rhythm. Then it is all cruising from there.
Clearly, I am speaking about the person who was 135 lbs and 23 years old. Not the person who is 200+ lbs and almost 32 yrs old. There is a lot of training to do.
You know there are people who every year set a certain goal. For some- it is lose weight- pay down debt... etc. For me- it is run a half marathon...
I want to run one sooo bad!! I had plans of running one when we went home in June but now we are going home in April and there is NO way to get ready for one that soon!
Mind you- I am totally not going for any winning time- namely just getting my happy behind across a finish line!

Hmmmm...

No comments: